The Pennsylvania Alexander Hamilton Observation Car No. 2541 was first available in 1955 as part of the Congressional Set and continued in production for one additional year. It came with Type VIII die-cast four-wheel passenger trucks equipped with magnetic couplers. This flat channeled extruded aluminum observation car has SILVER painted end top, skirt, and vestibule end with MAROON stripes that have GOLD lettering. There are no variations.
All of the 2500 series passenger cars are designed to work on the larger radius of O Gauge track and will not operate properly on the tighter radius of O27 Gauge track.