The Picatinny Arsenal No. 42 gas turbine unit was available in 1957 only.
This small motorized unit’s body was made of unpainted OLIVE DRAB plastic with painted WHITE heat-stamped lettering. The metal side handrails are riveted to the body and they are painted WHITE. There is an ornamental horn on top.
It has a 3-position directional unit, with magnetic couplers with tabs and headlight lens installed at each end, but there was no interior lighting. The high end rails are chemically blackened. There are no variations.
Collectors should carefully examine the window struts for breaks or repairs.