It was always the lucky kid down the street that had one of these on his layout. This is one of Bachmann’s most impressive structures and it was patterned after Independence Hall in Philadelphia. There are several variations in the name that is on this hall and we’ve shown these below.
When first introduced in 1955, it was titled "PLASTICVILLE HALL" and was given the designation PH-1. The walls were TAN with a RED roof and WHITE trim. This version is pictured to the left. By the following year it was available as the No. 1776 "INDEPENDENCE HALL," and the walls were colored RED with a LIGHT GRAY roof. This same year would see the release of the RED walled "PLASTICVILLE HALL." This variation also came with a LIGHT GRAY roof and is found in the 1905 two-piece box.
In 1975, for the bicentennial, Bachmann would issue the No. 2921 "INDEPENDENCE HALL" with a different box, and this time and it had TUSCAN colored walls with a DARK GRAY roof.
Lastly, when the No. 2950 TUSCAN walled "TOWN HALL" version was released it was the first time that this structure’s imprint actually matched its description.
These TUSCAN walled variations came in kits that stated that they were HO scale, but they were made from the original O & S scale molds that had been used on all of the previous versions.
The most popular among operators of these variations is the TUSCAN "HO scale" No. 2950 because of its generic "TOWN HALL" name, and collectors highly prize the 1905 box which is the hardest to obtain.